Messaggi di presentazione degli iscritti
PA0CHS
Allievo
Allievo

Messaggio: #37129 PA0CHS
05/08/2020, 13:50

Hello everyone,

I’m a new member, my name is Jan, call PA0CHS, living in a rural area not far from the city of Groningen, in the northern part of The Netherlands.
Like many hams in The Netherlands I started the radiohobby with the ubiquitous Wireless Sets no 19 towards the end of the sixties. After the WS19 many sets followed and up to now the green radio hobby grew much much faster than the available space in my shack..

Corona lockdown gave a “kickdown” to start restoration of defective sets. Medio March I began with a Czech portable receiver “R3” ( +/- 1952) which was badly mistreated. 20 Years ago I bought it at the Radio Hamfest in Grafhort, Germany and stayed untouched because heavy restoration was required. Corona gave the final push to start. After months of painstaking work it is up and running now. Next time I’ ll enclose some pictures and a schematic diagram of this set, which is clearly inspired by Wehrmacht
WW2-construction principles. E.g. the heavy cast aluminium chassis ensures excellent screening and stable reception. The separate “piggyback” attachable vibrator powersupply contains a 1:1 Czech copy of the German WW2 WGL 2,4a chopper, called VIU 2,4/25.
After finishing this project I grabbed another set out of my “defective sets collection“, the Yugoslav Receiver RP-2M. This rx is part of the RUP-4, a modernized AN/GRC-9.
It is a small solidstate double-super receiver, which was also badly mistreated. Wires appeared to be reversed, the AF-module occasionally suffered from thermal runaway and the HF-part was heavily misaligned due to extreme bending of the correctionvanes of the VFO variable capacitor. To give you an idea, the bent vanes had more or less the same shape as the wings of a crashed butterfly.
New decisions: after the RP-2M restoration one has to chose next defective set to out of the pile and so on etc.

To conclude, it may be clear that Corona gave an active boost to the hobby and paved the way to Crosem.

Cheers and stay healthy!

73, de Jan, PA0CHS

IK0MOZ
Capitano
Capitano
Contatta:

Re: New member

Messaggio: #37136 IK0MOZ
06/08/2020, 18:55

Welcome to CROSEM Jan.
Thank you for sharing your story and experiences with the group. Me too, but I believe many other friends, used the time of "prison" trying to complete those jobs that had been waiting from a long time to be finished.
Interesting the R3 receiver, which I did not know, while I also have an RP2M with some problems. For this I give you the link so if you have any ideas you can put it there.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=926
Now 73 and hope for your cooperation.
Mario / IK0MOZ

PS. As you will have seen, the Forum is divided into sections by historical period and type of sets, this is to facilitate searches and therefore to avoid dispersions it is good to follow this method.
The forum is in Italian, but at the top right there is a flag (Seleziona Lingua) that gives the possibility to read it also in English
73 de Mario
ImmagineImmagine # ARO 301/0Immagine WS 19 Group # 15 Mario IK0MOZ

Paolo Pierelli
Sergente maggiore
Sergente maggiore

Re: New member

Messaggio: #37145 Paolo Pierelli
07/08/2020, 19:30

Hello Jan,
welcome!
All the best.
Paolo.